1. After selecting the course, click on "Discussions" on the right hand bar.
2. Click on the "Discussion" button in the upper right-hand corner
3. After clicking on the discussion button, it will formulate a discussion board page for you. Give, your discussion board post a title and then in the "text" section fill out your writing prompt.
4. On the right-hand side (or bottom of the page if your browser is shrunk smaller than full size), you can select pages, images, and files to hyperlink into and/or upload into your discussion board post.
5. Scroll down to select its due date, upload files, attach it to different class sections, determine if it's a group discussion, and allow for other features (ex. determining if it's graded).
6. Scroll down further and look to the bottom right-hand corner to either save the document for later or save and publish it to your course.